Now that Monster News Feed has had time to run its course on the film festival circuit, Wolfbird Studios is proud to be able to share the online video of the pixilation style stop motion animation here on our website!
Without any further ado, we present Monster News Feed:
A few years ago, Wolfbird Founder Ben Erlandson was approached by Cara Hagan (then a professor at Appalachian State University) to collaborate on some concepts she had concerning dance-oriented filmmaking and stop motion animation.
Erlandson jumped at the opportunity, and the creativity began soon thereafter. Eventually, after storyboarding, test shoots, more storyboarding and blocking, Erlandson was able to capture and produce this beautiful film, which Hagan then began submitting to film festivals – just before the COVID pandemic really ramped up…
Luckily, many of the festivals were able to move online, and we kept getting news that more and more showings and awards were pouring in for our little Monster!
Here is an incomplete list of honors for Monster News Feed:
- Official Selection: YES! Fest 2020
- Official Selection: Les Femmes Underground International Film Festival 2020
- Official Selection: Cinematic Panic 2020
- Official Selection: Scumdance 2020
- Official Selection: Le Mup International Humanistic Film Festival, Montreal, Canada – 2020
- Official Selection: Kansas City First Friday Film Festival – 2020
- Best Experimental Film: Frostbite International Indie Fest – 2020
Sadly for us here at The Wolfbird, Cara and her family have left these beautiful NC mountains for the distant land of Elsewhere, USA (for now, I hope!) and so we will not be able to directly collaborate on any more films anytime soon. Someday, we will find a way to work together again. 🙂
For now, enjoy Monster News Feed, and stay tuned as more projects develop!